Saturday, January 27, 2007

Wow it's cold!

Last night I went to play hockey with the "Wild Women". It was really fun. It was beautiful outside when we first started playing. Then the wind picked up after about 45 minutes of playing. I hit my mom with the puck in the shin while we were playing, just so you know. We went inside after that because it was just too cold. That's when I saw it! My mom's leg was purple and bruised and it had bled through her long-johns and her jeans. I felt sooo bad. It was all fine though. She said that it didn't hurt after a while, but I still felt really bad.
After that I went to the Van A's house and I had a sleepover with Kim. I couldn't fall asleep because Kim was snoring and then I pushed her over and her nose started to squeek. Then Mona, the student that they have over from China or something, was talking really loud on the phone and that kept me awake too. Kim was also hogging all the blankets! Sheesh! Anyways, I did finally end up falling asleep and I slept pretty good until about 9:00am.
Kim and I had planned to go to the mall today. We had to take the bus to the mall though beacuse we didn't have a car. We had to walk about five minutes to the bus stop and by the time we got to the bus stop we were almost frozen. It had to have been at least -40C outside with the wind chill.
That's when I was thankful I was wearing my navy blue long-johns from MEC (mountain equipment co-op). They kept me warm all day. We went to see a movie and it's always cold in the movie theaters and my dear long-johns kept me warm then too. :-)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Ho-ly cow! 3 new posts! Wow! As for your mom's shin, I'm sure it's much better now and just think, you gave her her first hockey injury! That's something to be proud of.

Kim's nose squeaks? Hmmmmmm

Thank goodness for MEC long johns. We were just talking about them at church today. Such a spiritual discussion. You should have been there to show us yours.