Thursday, February 08, 2007

Florida

It's been a while since I've written anything, but I did write three posts in two days. I was pretty proud. A bunch of people from my church are planning to go snowboarding on Saturday. I heard about it, but I never really thought anything of it. I have now decided that I want to go. I have never been snowboarding before, so it's a first for me. I hope everything goes well, and I learn quickly and don't have a sore butt at the end of the day, but I'm sure I will.

I miss the mornings that were so sunny and warm,
I miss the evenings that were cool and calm,
I miss sitting by the pool, with my feet dangling in.
I miss that bright and warm Florida sun,
I miss the days we spent together walking around in Walt Disney World,
I miss when we would come home and just laze around by the pool.
I miss it all.
I want to go back to Florida.

I know that "poem" isn't very good, but it was just kind of on my mind. I was just remembering waking up to +15 or 20 degrees celcius and just walking outside to sit in the sun. It was so nice.
That's all I have for today though.

4 comments:

Tim said...

I've just given up thinking about Florida...it just makes me depressed.

As for snowboarding, GOOD FOR YOU!!! It's gonna be tons of fun, but I'll warn you now...you WILL have a very sore bum the next day.

Linda said...

It is a very good poem. Good poetry should paint a picture and/or elicit a response from the reader. You've done both for me so it must be good.

Boy. Would I love to be in Florida right now.

micah said...

i know what you mean

mmichele said...

we wish you were here!